- FIDE Brochure & Registration Form
- FIDE Core Programme
- » Accomplishments
- » Testimonials
- FIDE Elective Programme
- » Board Committee Programmes
- -The Nomination / Remuneration Committees
- -Audit Committee
- -Risk Management Committee - Banks
- -Risk Management Committee - Insurance
- » Technical Programmes
- -Corporate Finance for Directors
- -ICAAP (Bank)
- -ICAAP (Insurance)
- -Risk Management for Directors of Takaful Operators
- -Board IT Governance & Risk Management
- -Corporate Governance for Development Financial Institutions
- -Understanding Liquidity Risk Management in Banking
- » Advanced Programmes
- -The Role of the Board in Behavioural Issues – Aligning business and human capital strategies
- -The Role of the Board in Behavioural Issues – Board, Committee, Director and CEO Assessments
- -The Role of the Board in Behavioural Issues – Tools and Techniques for Nominating and Remuneration Committees
- -Governance in Groups
- -Mergers & Acquisitions for FIs
- -Current Issues in Corporate Governance
- -Advanced Risk Governance and Risk Management
- -Sweating the Right Stuff - Risk for Profitable Growth
- -Understanding the Evolving Cybersecurity Landscape
- » Foundation Programmes
- -Banking Fundamentals
- -Governance & Ethics
- -Insurance Fundamentals
- -Director`s Legal Tool Kit
- » Soft Skill Programmes / Others
Home > FIDE
The role of directors in financial institutions has become increasingly challenging in today’s operating environment. Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) recognise that the well-being of an institution depends on leadership at the top.
Against this backdrop, focus group discussions were held with selected directors of financial institutions to obtain their insights on issues that may affect their effectiveness as members of the Board and areas for further improvement.
A Steering Committee consisting of members from the industry, Bank Negara Malaysia, Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia and the International Centre for Leadership in Finance (now renamed as The Iclif Leadership and Governance Centre) was established to provide strategic direction on the development of a high quality programme to meet the demands of the industry.
The FIDE Programme was designed to take into consideration today’s challenging environment to achieve effective board governance in financial institutions.
The FIDE Programme is a unique programme that brings together a team of dynamic international and local faculty to discuss and reflect on current corporate governance issues and their relevance and applicability to the financial institutions.
|The Financial Institutions Directors' Education Programme aims to enhance boardroom governance within the financial sector and develop world class directors who are advocates of best practices and excellence in corporate governance.|
- Equip directors with the latest developments and regulations in the financial industry, and the ability to recognize and evaluate wide-ranging issues and their impact on risk and corporate strategy.
- Promote more effective board committees, compositions and processes in providing continuous oversight.
- Help the board to embed a strong risk management and compliance culture for the organisation.
- Enhance the board’s effectiveness in deliberations and decision making.
- Promote more effective assessments of directors’ performance.
- Support more effective succession planning for management and the board.
- Assist the board in managing relations with regulators and other stakeholders.